Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Quest for Sisterlocks...

Greetings everyone and welcome to my new blog. This blog will be primarily focused on my sisterlocks and any other major thoughts swimming around in my head. *smiles*

Well, I guess a great way to start is to detail how this quest began leading up to where I am currently. Once upon a time (lol) I began to think about my hair and how much time managing it took out of my budget as well as of my time. I always thought about transitioning to dreadlocks, but I could not figure out what kind I wanted to get. Since the transition is quite permanent, I figured I needed to be very sure and weigh all of my options before switching. Then, I saw a few blogs about sisterlocks and became more interested in transitioning than ever before (specifically the Makings of Monica... her sisterlocks are so beautiful). They appeared so much easier to manage than relaxed hair. Anyway, so from there the story is quite typical. I contacted a sisterlocks consultant, scheduled my consultation, and then scheduled my installation. I waited about 3 weeks with 6 sisterlocks tester locks in my hair. Washing my hair at least once a week... or should I say my fro lol. I still cannot believe I had an afro... I never thought I would go au natural... ever.

So now I am about 3/4 of the way done with my installation. I had more hair than either I or my consultant predicted lol. The first two days were on Saturday, October 24th from 10:00 AM to about 8:45 PM (excluding a lunch break of about 45 minutes) and Sunday, October 25th from 9:30 AM to about 5:45 PM (also excuding the lunch break). So about 17 hours locking time so far. The last day will be this Thursday, October 29, 2009 beginning at 9:00 AM. Total locking time to be calculated later. Overall, I am excited about the journey ahead and cannot wait to see what my new locks look like once they are completed.

Well, I will write again on Thursday and check back in with some actual pictures. They should be awesome.

0 comments: